Monday 26 December 2011

These images were created recently. I was surprised to discover that they had dried out , giving the paper a kind of crispy character as well as causing the pigment to fall off the glossy , printed photographs. The images seem quite painterly as a fortunate result of the weathering process. These are images which are stored outside, in the garden.

I am not sure if the pictures are not diary like in some way. A lot of time is spent looking through magazines and newspapers as well as the  occasional wastepaper bin. I have a huge clipping collection which I sometimes go through for suitable material. I pay a lot of attention to magazine display racks these days. You never know what may jump out. The covers on show indicate tittilation, nostalgia, niche domestic genres, impossible aspirational targets. Just nothing but stuff.






Prince image

Rotting




Four tracked studies.


Two images of the late Christopher Hitchens, writer


No comments:

Post a Comment