Sunday 10 February 2013

Thanks Dad !

What can you say about a birthday that has not been said before? Not much I guess, although you can drink at breakfast  time, I have discovered. In this sense it is a bit like Christmas. It is too early in the day to go into any serious introspection. The year has been pretty average. The kids grow, I don't. The students develop. I don't. In both respects I watch people's development in terms of language and thought and I suppose I am partly responsible, or equally, to blame. Life goes on although well over half of my mortal tariff has expired. And will continue to expire, day after day, until the next annual "click!" My children devour my birthday gifts of chocolates. My wife admitted she has no idea of my waist or inner leg sizes and consequently my new jeans will need to be taken back to the emporium from which they were purchased.This is sad for more than the obvious reason.

Would I buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle to compensate? No. Can't stand bikes. Or cars. Would I go back to being a martial artist? Don't be daft. I think I should really spend this year recuperating my drawing skills.And developing my computer skills. Such as they are.

My children still speak to me, sometimes my wife does too, which sometimes is even less than fraught with hazard but generally involves walking on eggshells.



I am not sure that being 55 is a big deal per-se, but it seems to have stirred some feelings of unease.
However, I posted this image to cheer myself up. St.Valentine's Day is coming up and I can be totally sure there will be no cards. And we've been eating horse for years without knowing.

But my goodness, isn't a camera a wonderful thing? And the ability to draw and paint? Key skills I am fortunate enough to have inherited. Thanks Dad.





2 comments:

  1. Yeah. Well, if we ever make it to sixty, I'm sure we'll be saying how YOUNG them 55 year olds are... I think recuperating your drawing skills is a great idea. Can you do me one of a Harley with a me lookalike on it? And if you want to improve your computer skills, my kid can give you links to some online Kung Fu games that'll get you kickin ass in no time, or even real time. Meanwhile, be sure to keep on screwing upand shooting them would-be wrinkle-free cover gals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mr Muse for your wise words. I am having trouble with sending files. I must get a book.Computers for Dummies.

      Delete