Tuesday 27 November 2012

Trip

Last Friday saw myself and a colleague as well as our two classes, venture into the city for a writing assignment. Photography was considered an important part of the note taking, remembering and ordering process.

We hung out in a variety of places, commercial and historic, and in the case of King's College Chapel, both. Those guys must earn a fortune from the punters.

Masks were produced and I am obliged to the students and my colleague for donning them so quickly and imaginatively in a variety of venues. The fact that I am an average picture taker is more than revealed but it was a useful day and being able to shoot people in vernacular settings whilst looking somewhat gruesome was a lot of fun.

My kids were also more than willing a day or so later so we got in some exterior shots. Still want to take a whole bunch in a supermarket or in one of the friendlier museums.

I am working on some ideas for masks that are printed versions of the wearer's own face and I have an idea I may shoot in the Geology or Sociology museums. The idea is to photocopy a face and paste it onto a large paper bag, which will then go over a head. The slight oddness of the mask might, I hope, complement the oddness of the exhibits. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment